Inform service professionals across services about the impact of trauma
Impress upon service professionals that it is both vital and possible to recognize and address trauma
Inspire service professionals to learn more about and develop skills to provide trauma-informed practice.
What people are saying about Becoming Trauma Informed:
“This training went right to the heart of the client work we do!”
"Extremely helpful information!"
"Lots of good information that connected to situations in the real world."
"It related to my job directly."
Becoming Trauma Informed Part I
A half day workshop that introduces professionals to the language, values, and skills needed to begin providing trauma informed practice.
Topics covered include:
• Definitions of trauma, psychological trauma, vicarious trauma and trauma informed care
• The impact of trauma on early childhood development and across the lifespan
• Normal brain development and the impact of trauma on brain development
• Signs and symptoms of trauma in people of all ages
• Techniques for creating safety for people exposed to trauma
• Techniques for calming and grounding those impacted by trauma
Becoming Trauma Informed Part II
For more information about this or other courses and training, please contact:
Monica Sullivan, M.Ed
email@example.com or 215-977-8990.