Promoting Trauma-Informed Practice
The Training Institute champions a tightly integrated and customized approach to staff and organizational development and training through trauma-informed practices. Our goal is to work with you to drive and sustain long-term change within your organization. We do this by matching new ideas and practices within the context of your organization and promoting trauma-informed care across all systems that serve families.
We offer an array of content areas that can be provided with the trauma-informed framework. To view all areas visit this landing page of our Health Federation of Philadelphia Training Institute
Watch a 2-minute video from a 3-day Train the Trainer program for Pottstown school and community presenters on "Becoming Trauma Informed."
Training begins with understanding the needs that your organization has or the goals towards which it is working. Our team is comprised of highly skilled professional trainers. Each has experience in a range of sectors with significant expertise in training, curriculum development, program design, supervision, mentoring and professional development.
Our trainers act as change agents alongside you to promote skill building and professional development around trauma-informed practice within your organization.
At the same time, they are working together to develop, design, and disseminate curricula and other training activities aimed at supporting trauma-informed practice throughout Philadelphia.
The material presented (case studies, statistics, videos etc…) provided the most current research and data regarding this subject matter."
What We Offer
Our team can help you integrate trauma-informed practice into your organization. We offer a wide range of courses and training options, such as:
- Staff training
- Brain-based content
- Customized, experiential workshops
- Organizational program development
- Resiliency practices
- Brain science
- Introductory seminars to establish a common baseline knowledge of child development, trauma, and resiliency
- Train-the-trainer sessions
- Organizational assessments
- Keynote addresses
- Quality improvement activities
- Supervisor support on how to use team meetings, case conferences, etc. to facilitate staff professional development
- Skills development
Clients and Partnerships:
We’ve worked with many organizations across the region including:
- Philadelphia Department of Public Health
- Bryn Mawr College
- Temple University
- Philadelphia Department of Revenue
- Philadelphia Fight
- Pennsylvania Key
- Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Southeast Regional Key at PHMC
- Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC)
- Philadelphia Head Start Partnerships
- Action Wellness
- Partnerships for Better Health, Carlisle PA
- Resources for Human Development's Creating Increased Connections in Montgomery County
- Federally Qualified Health Centers's including: Family Practice and Counseling Network (FPCN), Delaware Valley Community Health (DVCH), Spectrum Health Services
- Mental Health Partnerships
- Pastorius Mastery Charter School-Sprague St. School
- Montgomery Early Learning Center
- Trinity Cooperative Day Nursery
- New Jersey Coalition to End Domestic Violence (keynote)
- Center for Schools and Communities
- Capital Area Intermediate Unit
- Center for the Promotion of Social and Emotional Learning
- South Middletown School District (keynote)
- Catholic Partnership Schools
- The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (keynote)
The techniques that will help the people I work with and tools I can use to benefit myself"